Sunday, January 12, 2014

Encouraging your writing.

http://tinyurl.com/k8tuxsy
I'm not talking about writers block, maybe writers "don't want to". I was trying to find a way to encourage myself to write. I suppose some would say if you don't want to write you're probably not a writer. I will consider that for another time. What I did was publish a serial novel. Twelve episodes to be published every 21 days or so. It worked. Not only am I now working on the seventh episode, but I finished a novel that I had been working on forever.

Now. I'm not suggesting you do this, unless you want the pressure of a deadline looming over your head. But try placing a word count on each chapter. Say, 5000 words. Treat it like it is due, as if some catastrophic extinction level event will occur should you fail. Leave yourself hanging after each chapter. This has cured the "I don't want to s" for me. Might be your ticket also. Good luck and keep on writing.

No comments: