Monday, October 13, 2014

Refuse Resistance



Prologue:

I am gathering my wits
sharpening my intellect
and girding all the perseverance I possess.
It will happen soon,
that which will test
the very soul of my purpose and
challenge not just my senses,
but my absolute existence.
To all of you I bid fond farewells and
fervent wishes to return from this journey
The time is now, the task is at hand.
I will take the garbage to the dumpster. Alas...life is so short.

***


Before me, the desolation looms
and I fight against the dread encompassing me.
Then, with courage mustered, I step toward the fray.
I mount the battlements, swinging bags against swarms
of black, attacking flies, brushing them aside
as stench assails me with such strength
I fear I shall faint.
I toss them, those insidious abominations
of olfactory senses, then
stumbling back I careen to my vehicle door,
open it and clamor inside.
I catch my breath,fight to regain my composure
as I view the carnage, now safe in my truck.
A surge of triumph swells
knowing I have defeated my nemesis
and lived to fight again.
I oblige you my brethren,
heed not the danger and
rise from your couchly entrapments,
cast away from redundant video and
join me in this struggle for freedom from waste.
Aid this diversion I urge you.
Rescue mankind from oblivion,
steady a world on the brink of a precipice and
know the power and peace of victory.
For I know well in my pace-maker driven heart,
encased behind my breasts, that in all of you
dwells a gladiator, a fearless defender of the faith.
I know...
...that you too can take out the garbage.


Epilogue:


Perhaps I do have too much time on my hands.
But, I'm loving it.






No comments: