Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The first day of the rest of your life

drewadamsauthor.com

Another day like any other. You've heard the maxim this is the first day of the rest of your life, and I am sure you've given something along those lines a moment of thought at one time or another. But have you really considered it.

Recently a health issue brought the end of my life into view. I'm okay, thanks to modern medicine and technology and I'm sure some grace from, God. I now have a knot on my upper chest wall. Inside that space a device keeps my heart beating as it should. That's the plan.

I can feel it, although its presence becomes less notable each day. I am certain it will continue to remind me how tenuous life is and how foolish it is to waste a moment of it. Not to say a day of waste is a bad thing. Some of you need to do just that. Waste a day, do what you want. Relax, smell the roses or whatever olfactory scent melts your butter.

Just remember, this is the first day of the rest of your life.

So, back to the plan. Take a moment and consider what you want for the rest of your life. If you feel a change is needed. Begin the process. It doesn't have to be accomplished in one day. After all, you have the rest of your life. 

Maybe you want to start a new hobby, return to an old one, or start a bible study. Perhaps you've always wanted to try sculpture, or painting. New career...I started my nursing career at the age of 50. Now I'm following a lifetime dream and writing stories. Doesn't matter if you think you'll be any good at it. You can learn and improve on anything. Sure, we were put on this earth to make choices. To decide a path we will follow. No one said we couldn't change it. I believe the lord gave us this earthly life to enjoy, so keep in mind, today is the first day of the rest of your life. So is tomorrow, the next day, and the next. Don't procrastinate, the last day of your earthly life, could be just around the corner.

Now, in accordance with the first day of the rest of my life, I will make a shameless plug for my writing. The link above this rhetoric will take you to my web page where you can buy one of my books. They're kinda freaky...like me.

No comments: