Saturday, May 31, 2014

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GHOSTS

Really?
What about those glimpse of movement in your peripheral vision? Imagination?
Do things get moved around or did you just forget where you put them?

All the stories you've heard. Are they hoaxes? When people who have passed visit you in a dream. Is it real, or Memorex?

Last night, writing to the wee hours, I heard footsteps, then I thought I saw my grandfather's chair move. I'm a cynic, but damn.

Years ago I wrote a paper debunking any afterlife. I attributed man's religion, myths and belief in any other plane of existence as "Man's fear of death".  In other words...create a world in which you can live on, past the biology of your physical self. Hey...I was a young college kid...what did I know? Pretty good though, huh?

Maybe not. I believe in a higher power. I profess a Christian faith. If that be true, who is to say other planes of existence do not exist. Are not ghost and spirits documented in the Bible?

Perhaps there is an entire community, walking around, sitting in the same chair you sit in, but in another dimension. Writers have explored this for centuries and I have nothing new to add.

It's just that sometimes, maybe...we need to reconsider. Think about things.

Did that chair really move?




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Penny and I have seen them in her home!! You need to come visit and meet them!!

Unknown said...

Penny and I have seen them in her home! You need to come visit and meet them, too!

Unknown said...

we know that there are demon spirits because the Bible tells us that even the demons believe and tremble, and we know the ghost of Samuel was conjured up in the book of 1st Samuel, but if your grandfather's chair moved, it probably wasn't your grandfather. eegads!