Wednesday, December 3, 2014

HOW DO YOU FIGHT YOUR MUSE? DON'T!


: Left-2013 Christmas Story

: Right-2014 Christmas Story
















ABOUT THE ORNAMENT:

I've been on a writing binge for the last three days and I can smell...I mean tell. I've come up for air to play on FB a little The problem is a decision I made last year, after writing a Christmas short story, to publish one each year. Innocent enough, Huh?

Then the monster got loose. Most short stories average between 3-5 thousand words. Last year's story hit 9k. This one is really misbehaving. 17000 words (around 50 pages) and I am only now glimpsing the end. The characters just will not shut up.

And, you know what? I'm through trying to stop them. They and the story deserve not to be stifled.

So, for the few of you that read my work, be patient. It may not go live until Christmas Eve. But they and I (the characters) will rest little until at last, I can type, THE END.

I guess I'll have to change the cover to a '...novella by DREW ADAMS.

No comments: